Electrical noise from powersteering Fabia 3 cyl.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_MINTU_*

Guest_MINTU_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:29 PM

Hello. I am a radio amateur. I intalled a HF radio 3,5-54 Mhz on my Fabis st wagen. When the powerswteering starts a very heavy hasch should be heard on the radio,specially on 80 meter (3.5Mhz) and every 10kz a very strong buzz. If i take of the main red leader from battery to the steering motor,all is free from noise,even fromt eh car computer.But ist is so heavy to turn the wheels. What can I do?? regard per O

#2 Teutonic_Tamer

Teutonic_Tamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:German cars, French wine, British women
  • I drive:B7 RS4, Golf5 GTI

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (MINTU @ Aug 17 2008, 09:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807
Hello. I am a radio amateur. I intalled a HF radio 3,5-54 Mhz on my Fabis st wagen. When the powerswteering starts a very heavy hasch should be heard on the radio,specially on 80 meter (3.5Mhz) and every 10kz a very strong buzz. If i take of the main red leader from battery to the steering motor,all is free from noise,even fromt eh car computer.But ist is so heavy to turn the wheels. What can I do?? regard per O

I'm no auto electrician, but I would suggest fitting an inline suppressor to the power feed to your radio. You may also like to try two inline 'chokes' (ferrous cylinders) at each end of the aerial cable.

HTH
Sean - Independent Motor Vehicle Technician (ret'd)
----------
07 Audi (quattro GmbH) B7 RS4 quattro saloon (8EC) 4.2 FSI V8 32v (BNS) (with CSiC ceramic brakes),
06/7 VW Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr 2.0T FSI (BWA) DSG, fully loaded, colour coded,
98/9 Honda CBR600FX - the blueberry trifle,

03 Audi B6 S4 quattro saloon (8E) 4.2 V8 40v (BBK) 6sp man, fully loaded (gone, but not forgotten)

I have the body of an 18 year old (shush it's in the freezer with the frozen peas)
I have the mind of a 90 year old if you can find it for me, please tell me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users