6 replies to this topic

#1 daniel50

daniel50

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • I drive:audi80/90 young edition 1991

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:54 AM

Hi! I have audi 80,90 young edition maded in sept. 1991,1.595cmc/51kw on gazoline.A few days ago his stop several times in the traffic and do not want start anymore.Yesterday I have try started,surprize hi start normaly,in relanti after 6 minutes stops again. It seams go down,loose the power. WHAT SHOULD BE ? Can anyone tell who provoque this trouble ? It is on electrical side ,is the lambda sonde ? unsure.gif

#2 daniel50

daniel50

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (IDX @ Dec 2 2010, 09:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=17676
Do you have code of engine PP. At that case your carburetor is 2EE.
1. Check the spark plugs - what color, dry or not....
2. check the fuel pump.
3. check and clean the fuel duct, all fuel filters...level of fuel in the carburetor.
4. check the air leakage at intake duct
5. Measure the voltage at Lambda signal connector when motor is hot, 90C.

after that there will be some ideas about your problem.

HI,yes indeed the engine is coded PP ,the carburetor is electric with many valves and senzors ,now from 4 days, do not start anymore the engine the switch contact is new :I've changed.
What are do this valves at the carburator and this senzors?How can to check them: who work properly or who not ?
This car has ECU (?!) and if it has ,where is puted?? Sorry me for such many questions !

#3 daniel50

daniel50

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (IDX @ Feb 16 2011, 06:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=17961
Have you checked items I wrote in the past article?
I think at first you must check the temperature sensor at the intake manifold.
Then check movement and resistance of potentiometer and air flaps of carburetor. At cold start the upper flap must be closed.
Then check the vacuum valves by sucking using ruber tubes.
Have you checked spark plugs? ...and spark appearance while starter woks...

Yes. The name of ECU is \"Ecotronic\". the placement is behind the heater of salon (at the front wall of cabin)

See some photos. Dismounting of 2EE (sorry, only in russian. Try Google translate)
h t t p : / /www.audi-club.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=195364

Electric diagram of 2EE
h t t p : / /photofile.ru/users/error-404/115228580/126200186/

(delete spaces at the links...)

Hi Idx! Thank you for You gentil kind help Me ! This days are cold outside ,allday snow,my car is under snow now.I collect all informations about that problem to my car and in april,when warm outside i start with check carburator,the gume fuel ducts
verify the plugs'contacts .You are all right about the USA noxes Ecotronic ; the car was maded in september 1991 after UE summit 26 of june where was adopted the euro norme 1 in apllication with 1 of january 1992. It is Gkat KIT for EURO 2
grune plakete. The ECU is installed under the bord coffin (inside cabine)?! is it accesibile the ECU'electronic module(?)-could WORK on it!!! or is cover by synthetic resin? Yesterday I connect the baterry ,i put the key in contact in last position and go front the engine ,I've heard a kind of noise ,,buzzzzzz'' under the hat air filter left side near the carburator,is normal to be such noise (?)or seems to be some trouble up there?

#4 daniel50

daniel50

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (IDX @ Feb 18 2011, 07:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=17965
Yes, inside? of course. Before it`s necessary to complete remove of glove compartment...

All the electronic is accessible, but I`m sure the ECU is OK. That is the last place to check out...

Sory, i dont know...may be the "step motor" actuator make such a noise.

I think to measure all thermo switches ,the sensors around the engine.First carburator have some to check .how can i check if spaar Plugs receive HIGH VOLTAGE ? To an older car approach the high voltage pipe by the ground and then if get spark all
it was ok.else the trouble schould be around the delco or the ignitio coil .

#5 daniel50

daniel50

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (IDX @ Feb 19 2011, 02:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=17971
Try the same method, take out all the spark plugs, put them directly on the mass of the motor...then swich on ignition, and starter, and see the sparks...
Any case the spark should work at distance at least of 10mm.

Before that take out the hi voltage wires and measure the resistance of them.
If the resistance is around 5000 Ohms? then wires are OK.
The resistance of central wire (from HV coil) should be around 1500 ohms.

Good luck!

Thanks !

#6 daniel50

daniel50

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:52 AM

Hi friend from Latvia !
I-verify ths spark plugs the are ok,i've verify the 2 presure sensors the black one and the white one .I have verify the coolant temperatur sensor and problem rest the same.Today get off again the ignition coil to verify again his
health state.Tell me :the electric fuel pump is on the same wires with the modul with read the level fuel in the tank ? Is it another sensor important ,witch I must verify ? Ok ! Have a nice day !

#7 IDX

IDX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Audi, KE-Jetronic.
    Electric
  • I drive:Audi100 2,3 AAR 1992 +LPG

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

Thanks.

Ops...forum is working!

0 user(s) are reading this topic